Some Pro’s & Con’s
+ Makes a wonderful family pet
+ Versatile and intelligent
+ Excels as a guardian and watchdog
+ Adapts well to most climates
+ Does not require trimming
– Not a dog recommended for novice owners
– Requires sufficient daily physical activity and mental stimulation
– Obedience training is required due to his large size and strength
– Prone to cancer, hip dysphasia, tumors, eyelid problems, bloating and boils on the lips
A Few More Facts:
- Bullmastiffs are alert dogs with a good-natured temperament.
- They are smart, dependable, and devoted to their family.
- Friendliness: While they are wary of strangers, they will accept anyone welcomed by his owner
- Children: Can be very good with children when raised with them from puppy hood
- Trainability: early obedience training is helpful
- Independence: Enjoys human companionship
- Decorum: Can get along with other pets if sufficiently socialized
- Combativeness: Brave and can be protective
- Noise: Saves his barks
- Bullmastiffs are magnificent powerful, strong dogs, showing great endurance. An active, reliable dog whose waterproof coat protects him in all climates.